Goodfellow AFB, TX Image 1
    Goodfellow AFB, TX Image 2

    Goodfellow AFB, TX Housing and Relocation Information

    Housing Information 
    The military provides two options for the use of your Basic Allowance For Housing (BAH)
    The first option is living on base. Your second option is using your BAH to rent or buy a home off base. 

    • The Housing Management Office (325) 654-3498 can answer all of your on- or off-base housing questions. They also provide services such as: counseling and guidance before entering into a lease agreement, housing referrals, and resolving tenant-landlord disputes.

    On Base Housing 

    • To contact the Unaccompanied Housing Office call (325) 654-3498. All unaccompanied Second Lieutenants that are new to the military and are in student status are required to live in the dormitories. Students E3-E5 are normally housed in the dormitories as well. Unaccompanied enlisted students in a PCS status are able to live in the dorms on a space available basis. Rooms consist of private furnished bedrooms, bathrooms and kitchens are shared with one other resident.  

    • Goodfellow AFB on-base housing is privatized and operated by Hunt Military Communities (325) 651-8369, which offers 3 neighborhoods with 2-4 bedroom single family homes. Home amenities include central AC, wood floors, washer/dryer hookups and garages or carports. The neighborhood amenities include: basketball courts, dog park, fitness center, tennis court and soccer field. 

    Off Base Rentals
    For those who are not ready to buy a house and are looking to rent, check our database for avaliable rentals in the Goodfellow AFB area.

    Buy A House

    Not sure where you are going? Click here for other installations

    Surrounding Areas
    Goodfellow AFB is in San Angelo, Texas, a city of about 95,000 people. San Angelo is in south central Texas, not far from Dyess AFB. It is about 10 minutes from downtown San Angelo to Goodfellow. San Angelo is in central Texas, surrounded by ranch land - the area outside the city is prairie and livestock country. The communities around this installation are San Angelo, Veribest, Grape Creek, Miles, and Wall.

    About Goodfellow AFB
    Home to the 17th Training Wing, Goodfellow is located on 1,135 acres near the west Texas community of San Angelo, and is a non-flying United States Air Force base. Goodfellow is home to the 17th Training Wing and the 344th Military Intelligence Battalion. Goodfellow Air Force Base has been a training ground for pilots since the 1940s. By the 1960s, the pilot training had expanded to include the U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, and the U.S. Marine Corps. Although once slated for closure, technological advances came to the base and a shift to intelligence training followed.

    The base has undergone some major renovation which has produced new dormitories, physical fitness center, two gymnasiums, two swimming pools, a bowling alley, a paint ball court, commissary, a movie theater, and dining halls. A full-service medical clinic also services all active duty military, retirees and their family members. Due to its many improvements, Goodfellow Air Force Base has become one of the most modern installations in the Air Force. For more information click here.